- Manheim Township High School
- Manheim Township Middle School
- Neff Sixth Grade
- Landis Run Intermediate School
- Brecht Elementary School
- Bucher Elementary School
- Neff Elementary School
- Nitrauer Elementary School
- Reidenbaugh Elementary School
- Schaeffer Elementary School
Located in the center of Lancaster County, Manheim Township covers an area of 22.6 square acres and has a population of 38,000. It is conveniently located near the City of Lancaster and has thus prospered greatly in all aspects since its founding in 1729.
The Manheim Township School District has a current enrollment of nearly six thousand students from the following ten schools:
According to their website, Manheim Township School District aspires to be a place where every individual can find the resources needed to learn, grow, and succeed. Dedicated to pursuing a vision of excellence, they believe that vision requires a strong learning environment, a supportive community, and an awareness of the larger world. A unique aspect of the Manheim Township curriculum is the voluntary Spanish Immersion Program, in which students are immersed in Spanish while they learn the same Manheim Township curriculum as other students.
A variety of recreational opportunities are available for the active community of Manheim Township. The parks in the area offer amenities including picnic/pavilion facilities, playground areas, walking and hiking trails, areas landscaped with native plants and a canoe/kayak launch. For bicyclists, there is a 12-mile linear bike route with terrain that poses no problem to even the most inexperienced rider. Other facilities include the Skyline and Overlook Pools, the Overlook Activities Center and Skating Rink, the Overlook Golf Course and Overlook Falls Mini-Golf, a skate park, dog park, and Destination Playground, as well as many athletic fields and a disc golf course.
Manheim Township is also home to many volunteer sports organizations which offer team athletic sports to the youth of the community.
Places of Interest
With its close proximity to Lancaster City, there is always something to do in Manheim Township that will fit your interests. Dining options range from Lancaster County comfort foods at Bird-in-Hand Family Restaurant to fantastic ethnic varieties such as the Vietnamese Saigon Cafe. Family entertainment in the area includes Cherry Crest Adventure Farm, Dutch Wonderland, the Lancaster Barnstormers baseball stadium, the Pennsylvania Renaissance Fair, and a plethora of fascinating museums. Five professional theatre organizations nearby offer great evening entertainment as well. Also plentiful are a multitude of shopping options, such as the Park City Mall, Tanger Outlets, and the Central Market in Historic Downtown Lancaster.
Manheim Township residents have access to many exciting local events, such as:
- Longs Park Summer Music Series: 14 Sunday nights of stunning, eclectic music, ranging from blues, jazz, Southern rock, bluegrass, patriotic, country and zydeco to Celtic, world music, gypsy and Latin jazz....and every concert is free!
- First Fridays: Thousands celebrate the arts in Lancaster every First Friday without exception, and these nights are often considered the highlights of the month.
- Celebrate Lancaster: An annual event that brings thousands of people to Downtown Lancaster for a day of fantastic entertainment, food, and fireworks.
- Downtown for the Holidays: Lancaster City is the place to be during the holiday months, when there is a multitude of events such as Caroling Bells, the arrival of Santa Claus, the lighting of the Christmas Tree, Tuba Christmas, horse drawn carriage rides, and a model train display. The New Years' Celebration called 3...2...1! Lancaster includes entertaining music and activities, as well as food and fireworks.
- LAUNCH Music Conference and Festival: A four-day event to celebrate music as well as offer artists a place to network, LAUNCH attracts tens of thousands of visitors each year and brings in a huge variety of about two hundred music groups.
- Long's Park Art & Craft Festival: This four-day celebration of the arts takes place every Labor Day Weekend and is one of the Top Ten Fine Art & Crafts festivals in the country. With two hundred candidates carefully chosen from a pool of over one thousand potential exhibitors, the artists at this festival are truly the best of the best. The twenty thousand visitors also enjoy the park's beautiful landscape, soothing live music, and delicious local food.
- Community Day Celebration: An annual fall event that brings the Manheim Township community together for a day full of art exhibits, music, a fun run, and many family activities.
- Fall Family Night: The community comes out annually for this evening of games, food, and rides at the Overlook Community Campus.
The Manheim Township Public Works department is an all-season full-service department that fulfills many responsibilities including:
- Seasonal Street Maintenance
- Leaf and Snow Removal
- Compost Facility Management
- Park Facilities Maintenance
- Public Grounds Mowing and Landscaping
- Public Building/Facilities Maintenance
- Stormwater Management for the public system
The Manheim Township Fire Rescue system operates through three stations and provides the highest level of emergency services, including fire protection, rescue services, emergency medical services, emergency management, and public education of fire prevention to protect the lives and property of the residents, businesses, and guests of the community.
The Manheim Township Police Department serves the community of Manheim Township by protecting citizens and property, preventing crime, enforcing laws, and maintaining order. It is a highly specialized and effective modern police force with a full array of crime fighting and policing capabilities and a proactive approach to law enforcement and community policing. The police force consists of 65 sworn police officers and 21 full-time and part-time civilian employees.
The Manheim Township Public Library (MTPL) provides the community with a variety of information resources, support and technology tools to educate and inform in a positive atmosphere of learning and exploring. The library staff and public library building and facilities support informal and formal programs and activities for adults, teens, children and families. With "more than just books" available, the MTPL offers users reading and video materials, meeting facilities, internet connectivity, relaxing refreshment areas, and other services to support library users and groups. The Township library is a terrific place to study and pursue research, academic interests, internet browsing and many other activites.
Churches are both varied and plentiful in the Manheim Township area, with denominations ranging from Mennonite and Lutheran to Catholic and Jewish.